Date: 11th October 2014 at 9:52pm
Written by:

Bristol City V Chesterfield
10th October 2014 k.o, 1500 hours
Venue Ashton Gate Attendance 12,.558

My heart goes out to all the faithful followers of Chesterfield, they are a team to take you through the whole range of emotions.This was one of those occasions when the result as expected was too close to call. The two teams drew 8-8 on fouls committed, possession was again a draw 50/50, even corner counts were a draw 7 – 7. So please can someone tell me how did we lose 3 – 2. In a surprisingly free flowing match, (yes despite those 16 fouls) this was end to end stuff, and not for the faint hearted.
There were chants, there was complaint, there were smiles but the best team did not win. There were two winning teams playing their best, in Chesterfields case for the third week on the trot, they gave their all. Only for cruel fate to let Bristol steal it in the 93 minute.
From kick off the game was on. Most notable events were;
8.00 a home goal by Ian Evatt, after Bristol City bring early pressure on Chesterfield`s defence.
15. Wade Elliott shoots from close range, only to see the ball fly inches from the chesterfield goal.
17. Tommy Lee dives to save a goal after Luke Freeman (BR) lashes a left footed shot to Lee`s far left.
21. Tommy Lee saves again from Aaron Willbraham
24. Penalty Darrick Williams (BR) brings down Eoin Doyle inside the goal area. Doyle takes and scores with a right footed shot.
26. Joe Bryan (BR) hits the post with a shot from outside the area.
34. Substitution Wes Burns replaces an injured Koray Smith, Bristol City
36 Wes Burns immediately in action with a right footed shot from a difficult angle just wide.
40. Daniel Johnsons shot from outside the area just misses the goal.
43. Gary Roberts shot saved in the area.
45 Sam Morsey shot from outside the area blocked online.
HALF TIME. Bristol City 1 Chesterfield 1
46. Early goal for Bristol City following a corner, well taken header by Derrick Williams
59. Goal close range shot from the division`s top scorer Eoin Doyle.
There then followed some entertaining end to end football. And just when you think it`s all over and you have the draw,
93. GOAL a high footed shot from Wes Burns finds the back of Chesterfields goal after glancing off Wade Elliott
The referee whistles to end match at 94 minutes and 38 seconds.